We trade in models. We will take them painted/unpainted, new/used.
Unload your tons of second-hand dust-collectors out in your garage without any trouble. Get new shiny models in return.
Here’s how to do it:
Send a list of your miniatures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll get back to you with a quote of how much BTP credit you will receive.
If you accept, carefully pack the miniatures and mail them to the BTP Studio.
When the Trade comes in, we will contact you and confirm your credit.
When you send your list please tell us the condition and quantity of each unit:
- primed/unprimed, black/white
- number of complete models
Not painted by BTP? Pictures are very helpful. If you do not send pictures we will assume they are painted poorly.
The amount of the credit is usually 20-50% of the retail value of the models, depending on the condition and quality of the miniatures. Most of the time the credit is in the 20-30% range.
Hot items like recently released armies and Forge World will be at or near the top rate. We sometimes go above the 50% of retail for things that are done very well.
We offer three main types of credit.
This credit can be used for: Services from BTP, i.e. assembly and painting. Credit can only be used to pay for up to 50% of the total cost of a single project.
Pre- Owned Store Credit
This credit can only be used to make orders from the Pre Owned section of the BTP Web Store at BlueTableStore.com.
This is a service credit for assembly and painting with the limitation that you can only use the credit or maximum half the value of the project, the other half or more has to be paid with money
Service credit is given at a lower rate, while Pre-Owned Store credit is given at a higher rate. Master credit is given at the lowest rate. When you send in an email, you will receive more information about what options are available to you. Your store credit is good for up to one year.
You can usually get a much better deal going to the secondary market on your own (local shop, eBay for example). The advantage of trading in with us is that you are likely to be able to unload disparate items without a lot of hassle (taking pictures, various buyers, questions, payments.).
If you send models and they are painted or primed too thickly to be useful except as scrap, or the models are notably damaged in transit, the trade value reverts to 10%. Or they will be returned. Best to tell us up front.
When you get the credit offer it will automatically include $10 or more to help with your shipping costs.
Bubble wrap works well to protect the miniatures when shipping. If models are packed very badly, it will reduce the value of the Trade.
If you use your credit for us to assemble/paint a project you can’t refuse the project and get refunded in cash.
Credit is for retail value of the models or services. It does not stack with other discounts.
Send models to:
Blue Table Painting
391 South Main Street
Pleasant Grove, UT 84062
Include a piece of paper with
- Your contact information (name, email)
- The amount of credit you were offered
- Invoice/List of contents
- If your trade is less than $200 retail (ie we would credit you around $50) then it might not be worth the postage to send it in.
- If your trade includes Dwarfs, Orcs, Space Marines, High Elves, Skaven or Goblins the first thing out of my mouth will be “are they from a starter kit?”. You absolutely must tell me if your models are coming from Assault from Black Reach, Isle of Blood or similar box set. These models have almost no value. They are worth something, but not much. For example: if Isle of Blood retails for $100, and you have half the contents, then I am likely to credit you only $10 for that. Alone it’s not even worth shipping.
- Terms are subject to change without notice. The policy is: let’s be reasonable.