Image from the Blue Table Painting Flickr page. Rumors to follow break
Probably the most exciting and enticing rumors I have read in a while. From Faeit 212
via Best Pone
Up for release in September is the new Codex: Space Marines.
- There will be 7 Ltd Ed varients. 6 of these will be covers for First Founding chapters, whilst the 7th will have Black Templars on the cover.
- New weapon family: Grav weapons. I believe these wound against the armour save (so terminators would be wounded as if they had a toughness of 2).
- First Founding chapters will be getting a substantial section each to themselves, so hopefully this can be looked as as Codex: Space Marines instead of Codex: Ultramarines. This will also show in a rule called Chapter Tactics, for which the effects depend on the chapter being played.
- There is a new armour type that at first glance looks to be somewhere between a terminator and a dreadnought – looking more closely, it appears to go over the marine’s power armour however.
- This new armour can be armed in 2 ways, depending on the user. The devastator version has either a bolter array or missile launchers mounted on the chest armour, whilst the gauntlets can be armed with heavy bolters, lascannons or grav cannons. The assault version has a bolter array or frag launchers mounted on the chest armour, with assault drills mounted on the gauntlets.
- There are 2 new AA tanks. One tank veterans will already be familiar with as the Hunter, armed an AA missile launcher. The other tank mounts 2 tri-barreled turrets instead.
- There is a new tactical squad. Lots of options as you’d expect, but of particular interest will probably be the grav pistol and grav rifle.
- A new plastic Sternguard veteran squad.
- A new plastic Vanguard veteran squad.
- New plastic characters: a captain, a librarian and a chaplain.
I like grav weapons.. but please… no new suits. A new armor type would pretty much throw all the fluff I have been reading right down the drain.